This qualification reflects the role of individuals coordinating and maintaining the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. The qualification applies to supervisors and managers who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Graduates may seek employment in the following jobs:
- Occupational Health and Safety Assistant
- Human Resources Assistant
- Occupational Health and Safety Officer
- Payroll Administrator
- Compliance Officer
- Human Resources Manager
- Occupational Health and Safety Manager
- Organisational Development Advisor
- BSB60619 Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- BSB60220 Advanced Diploma of Conveyancing
- BSB60720 – Advanced Diploma of Project Management
The following entry requirements apply to the entrants for this qualification:
- All BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety core units or equivalent competencies. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to the following units which have been mapped as equivalent.
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response.
- – Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent or higher.
- – To be eligible, student must be 18 years of age.
- – Must attend Swiss Institute’s Pre-training review to determine suitability of the course.
- – Must complete Swiss Institute’s Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) Test and achieve ACSF level 3 or higher.
This course is scheduled to be completed in up to 52 weeks* (including 12 weeks of holidays), depending on the learner’s relevant skills, knowledge and experience.
Mode of Study
Face to Face/Online classes with structured independent learning
Total number of units = 10
- 5 core units plus
- 5 elective units
|BSBWHS513||Lead WHS risk management||Core|
|BSBWHS515||Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents||Core|
|BSBWHS516||Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system||Core|
|BSBWHS519||BSBWHS519 Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools||Core|
|BSBWHS522||BSBWHS522 Manage WHS consultation and participation processes||Core|
|BSBWHS518||Manage WHS hazards associated with maintenance and use of plant||Elective|
|BSBWHS520||Manage implementation of emergency procedures||Elective|
|BSBWHS531||Implement and evaluate system of work for managing hazardous chemicals||Elective|
|BSBWHS521||Ensure a safe workplace for a work area||Elective|
|BSBCMM511||Communicate with influence||Elective|
Request For Free Call?
Do you need more information about the courses or have any query then feel free to make a call back request. Our representative will get back to you soon to answer your questions.