Qualification Outline:This qualification would apply to individuals with various job titles including executive officers, program consultants and program coordinators. Individuals in these roles may possess substantial experience in a range of settings, but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions. Conversely, it may also apply to those with little or no vocational experience, but who possess sound theoretical business skills and knowledge that they would like to develop in order to create further educational and employment opportunities.
Career Opportunities:Graduates may seek employment in the following jobs:
- Administration Officer
- Executive Officer
Course details:Theory training is classroom based. The training students will receive is competency-based and designed to develop both practical skills and knowledge.
Training methods include:
- Lectures (class room style)
- PowerPoint\ presentations
Entry RequirementsIt is beneficial but not essential for students to have access to a workplace while undertaking this qualification. However, in order to pursue the qualification applicants must:
- Must be 18 years or older;
- Must complete and score minimum ACSF level 4, to pursue this qualification.
Pre-Training Review (PTR)
A pre-training interview would be conducted with the applicant by a Swiss Institute representative. This interview will help us identify your prior experience, existing knowledge, skills, and suitability for the course. Pre-Training Review
will be valuable in determining appropriate learner cohort and thus study plan, any additional support and/or any reasonable adjustment required for you to successfully complete
Swiss recognises four different types of Learner Cohorts, and are dependant upon which cohort description best describes the learner, a different training and assessment plan is developed and offered to the learner. The intent of the
learner cohort process is to recognise any pre existing learning and knowledge in the PTR and customise the most effective learning plan for the learner.
The four learning cohorts are:
- 1st Cohort: Beginner (Full Study Model) – limited knowledge or skills in the competence contained in this qualification. No recent related industry experience. No LLN
- 2nd Cohort: Intermediate (Partial Study Model) – moderate prior
knowledge and skills in the competence contained in this qualification. Limited recent related industry experience, under 1 year.
- 3rd Cohort: Advanced (Assessment Only Pathway) – Extensive knowledge and skills in the competence contained
in this qualification. Recent related industry work experience of one to two years.
- 4th Cohort: Expert (RPL Pathway) - Extensive specific knowledge and skills in the competence contained in this qualification; current relevant industry
experience of 2 or more years and these candidates are recommended to undertake a full recognition pathway.
Swiss Institute will identify training and assessment requirement during enrolment process, and offer them support as per their learning and assessment need. It will be structured as per table below:
|Activity||Type of Activity||Resources Required|
|Training||Face-to-face Classroom Sessions||Includes lectures and presentations, learning activities using simulated work environments, demonstrations, and practice tests.||Required||Optional||Optional||Not Offered|
|Learning||Self-paced learning activities||Includes reading assignments, homework, research work, etc.||Required||Required||Optional||Not Offered|
|Assessment||Supervised Knowledge and skills Assessment||Written Questions and Case Studies||Required||Required||Required||Required|
Face-to-face training is delivered at our training rooms. Level 1, Suite 22 , 420 Collins Street Melbourne VIC 3000
This course is scheduled to be completed in 52 weeks* (including 12 weeks of holiday break), depending on the learner’s relevant skills, knowledge and experience.
- All non-assessment activities independently undertaken by learners
- These activities are self-paced and self-directed
- These include but are not limited to:
- Reading the learner guide
These activities are typically recommended to beginners, optional for intermediate and advanced learners, and not applicable to expert learners undertaking RPL or Credit Transfer
Methods of assessment
A range of assessment methods are used including class exercises, role-plays, knowledge questions, observation and activities and project work. Individual Units have specific assessment requirements and we will provide this prior to
commencement of a Unit.
Credit Transfers and Recognised Prior Learning (RPL)
Learners with prior learning and work experience can apply for recognition. Learners with statements of attainment from other registered training organisations will have their competency recognised as credit transfers. Contact us for
further details. Students who are enrolling for RPL pathway must provide the followings:
- Solid Employment history with Australian experience
- Past qualifications relevant to the qualification you are applying for
- Referee statement(s) from employers,
- Referrals/endorsements – from coworkers and customers
- Pictures, working documents and videos, work samples (where applicable) – demonstrating specific tasks, knowledge and skills
Candidates may progress to higher level qualifications within and/or across the Business sector e.g.
Full Course fees, for Cohort 1 are $4,450 and include all learning and assessment materials. Learners in Cohort 2, 3, and 4 will pay an amount equal to or less that the Full Course Fee the exact amount will depend upon the Cohort and what
units are to be undertaken as a training and assessment process. As each learner is an individual, and as their study plan is to be tailored to the learner, so should their course fee.
Fee payment is to be at the commencement of each term. As Australian Law prohibits us from receiving more than $1500 in tuition fees in advance the following payment schedule applies
Payment 1: 25% of course Fee, For Cohort 1: $1,112.50 prior to course commencement in term 1. Other Cohorts will pay a corresponding amount
Payment 2: 25% of course Fee, For Cohort 1: $1,112.50 prior to course commencement in term 2. Other Cohorts will pay a corresponding amount
Payment 3: 25% of course Fee, For Cohort 1: $1,112.50 prior to course commencement in term 3. Other Cohorts will pay a corresponding amount
Payment 4: 25% of course Fee, For Cohort 1: $1,112.50 prior to course commencement in term 4. Other Cohorts will pay a corresponding amount
As fees are paid in instalments, there are no refunds
- 8 elective units, consisting of:
- 6 elective units must be selected from the list below, with no more than 3 units selected from any one group
- 2 elective units may be selected from the units listed below, from this Training Package or from any current accredited course or endorsed Training Package at this qualification level or Diploma level.
|BSBADM502 Manage meetings|
|BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan|
|BSBMKG501 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities|
|BSBMKG507 Interpret market trends and developments|
|BSBHRM513 Manage workforce planning|
|BSBRSK501 Manage risk|
|BSBADM506 Manage business document design and development|
Request For Free Call?
Do you need more information about the courses or have any query then feel free to make a call back request. Our representative will get back to you soon to answer your questions.